Vaughans Fishing Camp
In 1944 Kenny Smith bought this land from Harvey Golden for $25. Kenny built a number of cabins and operated as a tourist place for a number of years. He sold the property in 1946 to George and Alice Vaughan of St. Thomas. The Vaughans remodelled one cabin into a small store where they sold convenience foods and fishing supplies. They also had gasoline pumps installed. A canal was dug from the back of the cabins to the shore so that the boats could get easier access to the Bay. From 1968 to 1972 Vaughans also had the Post Office.
In 1972 Vaughans retired and sold their place to Mr. and Mrs. Fred Forbes (Son of Selby Forbes of Lindsay Twp). The Forbes renamed the place Fredanna and also took over the Post Office.
Page 389 of Benchmarks
A History of Eastnor Township and Lions Head
Compiled by The Eastnor & Lions Head Historical Society